LISTEN: New Brian Jonestown Massacre LP
Connor Bryan , May 14th, 2014 07:52

Hear Revelation in full ahead of its release next week

American psych rockers The Brian Jonestown Massacre are set to release their new album, Revelation, on May 19 through frontman Anton Newcombe's A Recordings label. Revelation features original member Ricky Maymi and is the first album recorded and produced entirely at Anton Newcombe's recording studio in Berlin.

Speaking to Louder Than War in February of this year, Newcombe spoke fondly, but somewhat apprehensively of his new creation. "It's taken me months to feel comfortable enough to let them go," he admitted. "I liked each track on its own, but I could not see how they all flowed together... but a few of my mates came by for a listen and put it into perspective... They said it was non-stop good songs and I should lighten up."

Check the album out above and catch them on their UK tour, starting on June 28 at Brighton's Concorde 2. The band have also announced their only UK festival appearance on the John Peel Stage at Glastonbury on June 29 - have a look at the dates in full here.

May 14, 2014 1:45pm

Sounds superb. Im in!

May 15, 2014 11:45am

This album has some of BJM's best work since the late 90s. Love this band. I guess Anton is truly back. Hey Anton if you ever read this, 'Goodbye (Butterfly)' and 'Days, Weeks, & Moths' are two of your best songs ever! Thank you. I hope to be able to see your band live one day.... which feels challenging because I live in Florida and you don't come here... but we'll see. Showing this to everyone I know!

May 17, 2014 9:58am

wishing there was some way i could rip these songs to add to itunes

May 24, 2014 4:42pm

This album is surprisingly brilliant and unique. Addictive as hell. It does require a couple of spins though beforehand though.

Looking forward to checking these guys out in Berlin next month!

Jun 2, 2014 5:13pm

Saw these guys in La Rochelle last week and they were amazing. Looking forward to seeing them again at the Roundhouse, go see them you won't be disappointed

Jun 20, 2014 1:19am

In reply to sunny:

get a YouTube dwnld app. then rip the demo version of the album.

Richard Bradbury
Jul 8, 2014 6:59pm

Loved your set at O2 Academy, Birmingham (Mon. 7 July 2014). Took my grandson HAZ - rather he took me. Did you meet up with Dandy Ws - during their parallel UK tour?. DIG it!!?? Haz's studying at the London School of Music and you're his favourite band. He enjoyed a few numbers not usually played in sets. Love the album - keep it up!