News

BACK: Justin Timberlake
Luke Turner , January 11th, 2013 10:25

Teaser now online!

There were rumours yesterday of a new track from Beyonce, Timberland and Justin Timberlake... that seems to have been a confusion over the return of Destiny's Child BUT NOW it seems that we're imminently going to get something from Timberlake - and that something is going to be more than a MySpace relaunch. On the video above, Timberlake walks through a darkened studio, narrating the words below. The countdown suggests that whatever the new thing is, we'll be getting it on Monday, January 14th.

"Somebody asked me the other day, 'so are you just done with music?' It means more to me than anybody else in the world. Look, I've only done two albums in ten years. What does the next decade mean for me? I'm the one who sits and is obsessed about it before you even get to hear it. As close as I get to it, I don't know that I could physically torture myself year in and year out, and expect it to fulfil me the way that it does, and the way that it is right now. I don't want to put anything out that I feel I don't love. You just don't get that every day. You have to wait for it… I'm ready."

Chris
Jan 11, 2013 4:04pm

It's because the year ends in 13, isn't it?

Bam
Jan 11, 2013 6:55pm

Get ready for the Thin White Mouseketeer's Scunthorpe trilogy...

Austy
Jan 11, 2013 8:19pm

Who the fuck cares? Other than handsy Perlman his benefactor of course

Kalvin
Jan 11, 2013 8:23pm

Better news than the return of Bowie?

austy
Jan 12, 2013 2:38am

In reply to Kalvin:

you must like the beats for when you pleasure men with your mouth? makes for more natural neck movement.. i feel you there

Rasheed
Jan 12, 2013 6:20pm

I actually like some of his music but this build up seems way overwrought for a third album in 10 years by Justin Timberlake.

KW
Jan 12, 2013 10:17pm

Ugh, first Destiny's Child, and now this. Why does the Quietus need to cover this? Do British hipsters have some sort of "ironic" fascination with shitty U.S. pop from the last decade?

Jan 13, 2013 2:35pm

In reply to KW:

I have genuine love for Timberlake's first album and I've been to see him live several times. Anyone sneering at Beyonce is basically a bit stupid as far as I'm concerned: she's the real fucking deal soul star sensation. We should be overjoyed she's back. You can keep on second guessing stuff about us if you like but it won't change what we cover. Good pop music has exactly the same worth as good avant garde music or good rock music. No more, no less.

Kalvin