News

T. Rex's The Slider Gets Anniversary Remaster
Laurie Tuffrey , October 8th, 2012 11:27

1972 album is given special edition treatment; watch the trailer below

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of its release, T. Rex’s seventh album, The Slider from 1972, has been remastered by its producer Tony Visconti for a new special edition.

Out on November 26 via Edsel, T.Rex – The Slider 40th Anniversary Box Set, includes B-sides and outtakes alongside the original 13-track album, as well as a previously unreleased demo of the title track taken from Visconti’s private collection.

The extras are nothing if not exhaustive: there’s a DVD with a new 105-minute interview with Visconti by Bolan biographer Mark Paytress, footage of ‘Telegram Sam’ and ‘Metal Guru’ from Top Of The Pops, ‘Cadilac’, ‘Spaceball Ricochet’ and ‘Telegram Sam’ from ITV, an interview from 1972 between Bolan and Russell Harty, footage of Bolan and Mickey Finn, the band’s then-percussionist, a TV advert for the album a promo film of ‘Buick Mackane’.

There’s also a hardback book with essays by both Visconti and Paytress, as well as 180g vinyl pressings of the album, its singles ‘Telegram Sam’ and ‘Metal Guru’ and ‘Chariot Choogle’, originally a promo-only 45”, all in reproduction was paper of Bolan’s EMI subsidiary, T. Rex Wax Co. Additionally, the box set features a 40-page book of the sheet music for every song on the album, an A2 poster, sticker, plastic carrier bag, sew-on patch and facsimiles of an original Bolan fan club letter, membership card, rosette and concert ticket, all in a smashing box.

To get yourself warmed up, and if you haven’t got any T. Rextasy lying around, here’s the box set’s trailer:

Pete
Oct 9, 2012 2:51pm

At that price, I'll be illegally downloading.

Dave Ball
Oct 10, 2012 8:57am

'The Slider' Best Album Ever!!! cant wait for the Box-Set to be released in November.
Did you get to see the 20th Century Boy Musical in Coventry this year, it was awesome.

jane bell
Nov 7, 2012 9:30pm

fabulous The slider for me is marc's best albulm, it is timeless. The album cover is the best cover ever, I love the way you turn it over and marc is shown from behind it's a classic. I still have a huge promo stand up of the album cover which I got from a record shop after it was released. Its a classic album. I will definetly be getting this. Well done Tony you are a great producer.xx

Nov 28, 2012 11:52pm

Great Album, received it today sound is fantastic, its just over priced.

sav
Jan 12, 2013 3:57am

'The Slider' - to me, it has some of Marc's best and often under exposed songs on it: 'Mystic Lady' is a great tune, 'Ballrooms of Mars' is atmospheric and haunting. The title track is Marc in best English loon mode. I love the album and it is very special to me. I can't wait to get this box set - already made an order for it.