News

My Bloody Valentine: Reissues In May
The Quietus , March 22nd, 2012 10:42

Rare and unreleased tracks to feature

We've been waiting for these, perhaps unsurprisingly, for A Very Long Time. But now it appears that My Bloody Valentine's long-awaited reissues are to to see the light of day. Sony will release the reissues of Isn't Anything and Loveless on Monday May 7th 2012. These will be accompanied by a compilation of the band's four EPs, 'Feed Me With Your Kiss', 'You Made Me Realise', 'Glider' and 'Tremolo', along with seven rare or previously unreleased tracks.

The two studio albums have been "painstakingly re-mastered" by Kevin Shields at Metropolis Studios. Loveless will come as a two-disc release also featuring a previously unheard and unreleased remaster of the album by Shields made from the original master tapes. We'll have more on this soon, but for now, below you can find the details of the EP compilation version:

EP’s 1988-1991 'You Made Me Realise' (from You Made Me Realise EP)
'Slow' (from You Made Me Realise EP)
'Thorn' (from You Made Me Realise EP)
'Cigarette In Your Bed' (from You Made Me Realise EP)
'Drive It All Over Me' (from You Made Me Realise EP)
'Feed Me With Your Kiss' (from Feed Me With Your Kiss EP)
'I Believe' (from Feed Me With Your Kiss EP)
'Emptiness Inside' (from Feed Me With Your Kiss EP)
'I Need No Trust' (from Feed Me With Your Kiss EP)
'Soon' (from Glider EP)
'Don’t Ask Why' (from Glider EP)
'Off Your Face' (from Glider EP)

Disc 2

'To Here Knows When' (from Tremolo EP)
'Swallow' (from Tremolo EP)
'Honey Power' (from Tremolo EP)
'Moon Song' (from Tremolo EP))
'Instrumental no. 2' (distributed on a free 7" with the first 5000 Isn't Anything LPs)
'Instrumental no.1' (distributed on a free 7" with the first 5000 Isn't Anything LPs)
'Glider' (full length version,b-side on the 'Soon' (The Andrew Weatherall Mix) 12”)
'Sugar' (promo only B-Side on Only Shallow LP, France only)
'Angel' (previously unreleased)
'Good For You' (previously unreleased)
'How Do You Do It' (previously unreleased)

Mar 22, 2012 2:47pm

the news has been taken down from the sony website

Rob D G
Mar 22, 2012 2:58pm

I won't believe it EVEN when i'll see it: it's beyond my faculties, after all this time.

Sam Macklin
Mar 22, 2012 3:57pm

Heard this one before!

Interesting that the bonus tracks have acquired "proper" titles since the last time the EPs compilation was announced (which must have been five years ago) and that "Cowboy Song" seems to have been dropped from the track-list.

And what's this "previously unheard" remaster of Loveless? I assume this is a reference to the (alleged) fact that the 2CD promos Sony sent out a couple of years back, which were supposed have an analogue remaster on one disc and a digital remaster on the other, actually had exactly the same audio on both discs. I certainly couldn't hear any difference between the two.

Anyway, I'm still 99% sure none of this stuff is ever coming out officially but hopefully there will at least be a leak of the bonus tracks. I'd love to hear finished versions of the "Kevin Song" and "Bilinda" song demos that circulated around the same time as the album remasters.

Mike
Mar 22, 2012 4:15pm

In reply to Sam Macklin:

I agree that the two remasters I heard sounded the same. However, if you compared file sizes, the digital + analog remaster was slightly smaller than the analog one.

Mike
Mar 22, 2012 4:16pm

That's true, but guess what? The news is still on the official mbv Facebook page.

austy
Mar 22, 2012 6:18pm

The funny thing here is i made a dts surround mix of a 24 bit Rip of the original creation vinyl release and it sounded far far far better than either remaster... look for it if u have a ps3 or bluray player

Mike
Mar 22, 2012 7:31pm

In reply to austy:

No thanks, I think I'll wait until May and stick with Kevin's vision of his own album.

spacemoth
Mar 28, 2012 11:38pm

Yeah....riiiiiiiiiiiight. I will settle for May 2021 as the release date.... cos it will be the 30th anniversary of Loveless then, and of course the band can stagger out in their wicker chairs and do their 30 minute holocaust section of "You Made Me Realise" on banjos and ukuleles....then bugger off into the night once more.

Hallelujah!

Levi
May 4, 2012 12:19pm

In reply to austy:

Be keen to hear that! Where can I get it?