News

WATCH: New Radiohead 'Lotus Flower' Video
Luke Turner , February 18th, 2011 05:17

First King Of Limbs track online. PLUS! LP OUT NOW! Photograph by Sebastian Edge

A man from the 90s, wearing a hat, dancing funny? No, come back, it's not a new video from Jamiroquai, but the first full-fat track from Radiohead's new album King Of Limbs, which of course comes out tomorrow. The video for 'Lotus Flower', a song that Radiohead have been playing live for the past year, sees York rendered in black and white, hat on head, performing some seriously peculiar dance moves. It's a pretty interesting track too, one of those lurking, mid-pace pieces that tie together Radiohead albums so well. Lyrics about wanting the moon on a stick, and so on. Oh and looking at that video and then their new press shot, above, it seems that most of Radiohead are spending a lot of time at the local milliners. Big hat theme to the new sound. UPDATE We've just received news that Radiohead's new album King Of Limbs is actually going to be released today, earlier than planned. A statement from the group reads "With everything ready on their website, the band decided to bring forward the release by a day rather than wait until the planned date of Saturday, Feb 19 to deliver the music." You can visit the Radiohead website to buy it for £6.

Gudrun
Feb 18, 2011 11:04am

This video is not available in your country.......
I HATE THIS STUPID NONSENSE!!!!!

Drew
Feb 18, 2011 11:12am

For some reason youtube is filtering users with e.g. German IPs so if you want to see this in Germany go to daily motion, which doesn't appear to do so: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh37yw_radiohead-lotus-flower_music

MS
Feb 18, 2011 12:25pm

"This video is not available in your country.......
I HATE THIS STUPID NONSENSE!!!!!"

You're not missing anything mate - It's a dreadful video IMHO. Thom dancing like a moron in front of a camera in 4 minutes with a bowler hat on an sweat marks under his armpits. I need a shower. Song isn't lighting any fires in me either, sadly.

Rosemblatt
Feb 18, 2011 1:05pm

I miss radiohead's old songs... =(

Rasheed
Feb 18, 2011 5:34pm

In reply to Rosemblatt:

I don't, but if I ever do It's great that these things called recordings exist so I can go listen to the old songs whenever I'm feeling nostalgic (which I never am). until that day I will enjoy the new music they work so hard to produce particularly because it is good.

chris
Feb 18, 2011 7:15pm

for some reason i think this video is brilliant

Chloe
Feb 18, 2011 9:43pm

To me, no matter what strange moves Thom Yorke pulls, he doesn't look in the least bit stupid. This is why I also like the way this video is just of him dancing. That's what Radiohead is all about, the enigmatic simplicity of things. Love it!

Feb 19, 2011 4:53pm

In reply to MS:

I have a feeling the song 'Codex' will light quite a few people's fires. Total classic. Already.

Lucy Cage
Feb 20, 2011 8:47pm

In reply to Chloe, I think that he looks a twat. I think he knows perfectly well that he looks a twat. You wouldn't get the neo-Bono Win Butlers of this world doing anything as unflinchingly douchey as that there spazzballet of Yorke's: they're far too armoured.
And for that I applaud him.

Dkay
Feb 21, 2011 2:48pm

In reply to Lucy Cage:

In reply to Lucy:... and for that, I applaud you. I agree totally.