News

Take That Destroy Internet
Stuart Huggett , October 29th, 2010 11:20

Mogwai & ATP fans inconsolable

Britain’s favourite boyband Take That accidentally wiped the smiles from the faces of thousands of Mogwai fans this morning, when extraordinary demand for their 2011 tour (Take That’s, not Mogwai’s) crashed major ticket agencies’ websites.

Tickets for Take That’s Progress tour went on sale 9am this morning. The websites for agencies including See Tickets, Ticketmaster, Ticketline, Gigs And Tours and The Ticket Factory began experiencing problems immediately, as TT fans logged on in droves to secure tickets.

The independent sector suffered too, as simultaneously-issued tickets for Mogwai’s 2011 dates became inaccessible to early risers. Agencies were still struggling to cope with today’s unprecedented demand at 1pm, when tickets for the Animal Collective-curated All Tomorrow’s Parties weekend were released.

Take That's 2011 tour is their first in years to feature popular but wayward member Robbie Williams.

Brendan O'Hare's whereabouts are unknown.

doris
Oct 29, 2010 3:51pm

It's an absolute joke! I've been on line all day I get through to the final stage and then it crashes!! P****d off!

stacey
Oct 29, 2010 4:27pm

This is a joke! I have been calling and attempting on the internet today. surely the demand would have been expected and so preperation could have taken place! Finally just got onto a website for it to crash!!!

Oct 29, 2010 4:44pm

i have been on since 9am got tickets then crashed before payment on the phone now waiting for my call to be connected 20mins now....

wendy
Oct 29, 2010 4:46pm

405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access is what i got when i ordered my tickeys

Oct 29, 2010 4:59pm

In reply to wendy:

That's what I get, it is so frustating

Dave
Oct 29, 2010 5:04pm

Same here. My head is frazzled

diane
Oct 29, 2010 5:38pm

In reply to doris:

i totally agree. i have been trying all day with 3 computers and an i phone. I am so fed up.:(

nikki
Oct 29, 2010 6:38pm

In reply to diane:

i am so annoyed! we started ringing at 8.59 this morning. had various phone lines going and the internet! got thru on heart fm's ticket line and it rung then they hung up on me 5 bloody times was furious! now when i try ticket master im asked wot tickets then i have to wait and every type of ticket ive tried its saying unavailable no exact match try again. well ive been trying for over an hour now and cant seem to get any tickets wotever price and area i request! im beginning to lose mt faith in take that! only joking im hanging in there!

Debi
Oct 29, 2010 6:40pm

In reply to wendy:

9 hours!!!! What a day... gutted & don't even look at ebay its a joke......

GRAHAM
Oct 29, 2010 10:35pm

In reply to Debi:

SUPPLY AND DEMAND......EASY.......SAVE YOUR CASH.......DONT PAY EXTORTIONATE PRICES. HAVE A NICE WEEKEND AWAY.....

jb9k
Nov 1, 2010 2:54pm

I'm sorry that everyone here had trouble getting Take That tickets, they might add more dates, so good luck with that...

Simon Migliano
Nov 1, 2010 8:50pm

Why are you people ranting about TT on The Quietus? Utterly random. It would be like me going on to the X Factor website and complaining about The Sword show being cancelled.

Nov 2, 2010 1:50am

In reply to Simon Migliano:

Not really. We're a general music site and write about what we find interesting regardless of genre (and sometimes regardless of whether we enjoy it or not). So, for example, we're much more likely to write about Take That than Editors or Kings Of Leon. I've requested Robbie Williams and Take That interviews in the past and will continue to do so, in the unlikely event that we'll be able to talk to them. I'd see tQ talking to them in a non-tabloid-y/non Oh-look-at-the-UFO-hunting-freak kind of way as a thing with intrinsic worth. (This said, I do love Jon Ronson.)