News

Suede Announce Best Of
The Quietus , September 22nd, 2010 12:01

Cracking tracklist coming in November

Suede have announced that their beltingly well-received reunion gigs will be celebrated by a new "best of" album. The Best Of Suede will be released on November 1st. Spreading across two discs, it mixes singles, album tracks and b-sides, and was curated by singer Brett Anderson. We especially like the way they've bunged the magisterial closing tracks to Dog Man Star at the end of disc two. The album will be accompanied by exclusive iTunes interview material recorded by someone not a million miles away from this keyboard. Suede play the O2 Arena on December 7th. Read our Three Songs No Flash live report of their RAH gig here.

Suede Best Of Tracklisting:

'Saturday Night'

Disc Two:

'Pantomime Horse'
'My Insatiable One'
'Killing Of A Flashboy'
'This Hollywood Life'
'Europe Is Our Playground'
'My Dark Star'
'Sleeping Pills'
'By The Sea'
'She'
'Heroine'
'The Living Dead'
'To The Birds'
'The Big Time'
'The Two Of Us'
'Asphalt World'
'Still Life'
'The Next Life'

Simon Only
Sep 22, 2010 4:14pm

This is a cracking tracklisting!

Although I would of also added in 'This Time', often a forgotten gem of a song.

Dale
Sep 22, 2010 4:33pm

Other than the material from A New Morning, there's nothing I don't have, but I am still dead interested in this, like. It may be a gift for people I haven't blathered on about the band to thus far.

Simon Y
Sep 22, 2010 4:37pm

What's the point of this other than to cash-in on the slight revival in their public profile? Oh yeah, same a the gigs - nostalgia - and milking the fams who will lash out on any 'new' Suade Product.

rahmat
Sep 22, 2010 5:09pm

your the best brett

Sep 22, 2010 5:24pm

In reply to Simon Only:

What about 'Together'? That's a pinnacle for me....stuck on a b-side too.

James Vespa
Sep 22, 2010 5:46pm

In reply to Simon Only:

A great compilation!

I agree 'This Time' is a great track and very under rated. I've never heard them play it live either - perhaps one day :-)

James Vespa
Sep 22, 2010 5:47pm

Great Compilation!

I agree 'This Time' would have been lovely on here. I've never heard them play it live either, perhaps one day :-)

Sep 22, 2010 7:28pm

Were are they playing

Pedro Dias
Sep 22, 2010 9:49pm

To me, the best of was "SCI-FI" double cd!!!

mark
Sep 23, 2010 1:25am

In reply to Pedro Dias:

this is redundant. it's really pointless -- they've already got the single greatest hits that even has two songs not found on this. better off buying that and sci-fi and you really have the bulk of this collection.

what i'm waiting for is that dang reissue of the first album rumored to have been done that had a bonus disc of rarities and all b-sides (including the piano version of my insatiable one, which is far superior to the b-side version on sci-fi). this could have been SOOOOO much better

Remus
Sep 23, 2010 9:35am

Great. All the best for the new reunited band and maybe soon some new material like in the old but new good times.

Eldritch
Sep 23, 2010 10:38am

Disc One seems to be Singles minus Attitude, Positivity and Love The Way You Love. Especially the latter two tracks will not be missed by anyone in their right mind, but why not replace them with better tracks then? Or are some of these songs (like Stay Together) the longer versions instead of single edits?

Jay
Sep 23, 2010 2:51pm

I fully back this release. Some decent reviews (which are surely inevitable?) may generate a lot more interest for the band and some long overdue acclaim. I am excited about the remastering considering it was supervised by Brett and Bernard and I'd say they have got the tracklisting pretty much spot on. The listing for Disc 2 is exceptional. I wouldn't have added any of the post-Coming Up era stuff that they have omitted. Despite owning all of the songs in their original versions, I will definitely be buying this for the remasters.

enriqve
Sep 23, 2010 9:57pm

maravillosos!!! tengo muchas ganas de oir los temas remasterizados. pero falta positivity!!! es muy bonita.

Chris Shapiro
Sep 25, 2010 9:47am

What about releasing a great B-Sides songs Cd?! I bet many fans never listened to such great songs.
Asda Town
Rent
Sam
Shipbuilding
Simon
Weight of the world

Nov 6, 2010 9:28pm

great track listing but missing the chemistry between us, my favourite song